THE PCGG IS GIVEN AUTHORITY TO PERFORM ADDITIONAL INVESTIGATION POWERS RELATED TO ITS MANDATES
"THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE DOES NOT TOLERATE CORRUPTION OR ANY ALLEGATIONS OF SUCH IN ANY OF ITS AGENCIES."
- Justice Secretary Vitaliano N. Aguirre II
Department Order No. 551 signed by Justice Secretary Vitaliano N. Aguirre II on 22 August 2017 directing and authorizing the Presidential Commission on Good Government (PCGG), in relation to Executive Order No. 643, series of 2007 and Executive Orders Nos. 1, 2, 14 and 14-A, series of 1986, to conduct an investigation and submit a report and recommendation to the Secretary of Justice on the following:
1. Report of the Commission on Audit (COA) on the unliquidated millions of pesos cash disbursements obtained from the Philippine National Bank (PNB) Dollar Escrow Accounts of the PCGG during the time of PCGG Chairman J. Andres Bautista;
2. The reported abuse of resources of PCGG sequestered and surrendered entities committed during the time of Chairman J. Andres Bautista;
3. Allegations of ill-gotten wealth, kickback and commissions of Andres Bautista;
4. The PCGG cases (both civil and criminal) which were dismissed, compromised, or with adverse judgments; and
5. The recovery and forfeiture of assets under the name of Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos and their cronies that unexplainably remain unsequestered.
The PCGG shall coordinate with the NBI, COA and DOJ in the conduct of its investigation and is further authorized to prosecute cases, when necessary, in accordance with its powers.