Because of the allegations/statement of PSUPT Rafael Dumlao III that some NBI people might be involved in the kidnapping and killing of the Korean Jee Ick Joo, NBI Director Dante Gierran, relieved and reshuffled some top officers of the NBI, to wit:
- Ricardo Diaz – NBI NCR Director, was relieved of this duties and returned to his mother unit, the Regional Operations Service. ARD Rommel Vallejo was designated as OIC of the NBI NCR;
- Darwin Lising – Head Agent assigned to the NBI NCR will be assigned to Bicol;
- Atty. Jose “Jojo” Yap – was relieved of his duties as Deputy Director for Investigative Services, and in his place was assigned Deputy Director Vicente De Guzman III, the Deputy Director for Intelligence before the reshuffle. Atty. Yap was reassigned as OIC of the Information and Communications Technology Division (ICTD);
- Atty. Sixto Burgos – was assigned as OIC, Office of the Deputy Director for Intelligence Service. He was formerly the Chief of Staff of the Office of the Deputy Director for Intelligence Service of the NBI;
- Atty. Roel Bolivar – the head of the Task Force against illegal drugs, was relieved of his duties and reassigned to the Office of the Director of the NBI; and
- Atty. Jonathan Galicia – Bolivar’s number 2 man was designated as the Head of the Task Force against Illegal Drugs.
Gen. Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa and NBI Director Dante Gierran met at the office of Senator Ping Lacson yesterday afternoon. They agreed to jointly work to solve the kidnapping and killing of Korean Jee Ick Joo. Both police agencies each named a team leader for this Joint Investigation. On the part of the PNP, Col. Glenn Dumlao, was named as its Team Leader, while the NBI named Atty. Medardo De Lemos as its Team Leader.